Teenagers go through a lot of changes and they experience a lot of pressure – from puberty changes to facing society, and figuring out where and how they will fit in. Due to all of these different factors, teenagers may experience a lot of growing pains. Sometimes, it’s not just about the growing pains but something else entirely. The question is, how do you differentiate between normal teenage moodiness and depression?
Depression goes beyond sadness and moodiness. It is a serious mental health problem that can significantly impact a teenager’s life. So, how do you identify if a teenager is depressed? How do you know when it’s time to seek professional help? Here are some common signs and symptoms of teen depression:
- Sadness or hopelessness
- Lack of enthusiasm or motivation
- Restlessness and agitation
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Lack of interest in previously enjoyed activities and hobbies
- Anger, irritability, or hostility
- Lack of energy
- Changes in sleeping and eating habits
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Thoughts of suicide or death
Fortunately, there is something that you can do about it – all you need to do is to find the right professional who can help you – someone from our Teen Treatment Center in Los Angeles. We provide Teen Depression Therapy with the aim of helping teenagers between the ages of 12-17 years old to overcome their struggles through Teen Depression Treatment in Los Angeles, California.